I Was Hit By a Car in Marietta—Can I Still Sue in 2024?

I Was Hit By a Car in Marietta—Can I Still Sue in 2024?
This question rises as courts update rules for car crash cases. People search for car accident liability Georgia 2024 after new speed data and local news coverage. Awareness is growing after collisions near busy corridors.
I Was Hit By a Car in Marietta—Can I Still Sue in 2024? is about Georgia’s deadline rules and driver duty. These cases hinge on fault, evidence, and timelines defined by state law.
Understanding Georgia’s Deadline Rules
Georgia usually gives two years from the crash date to file. Missing the deadline can block your case entirely. Studies indicate early evidence preservation strongly affects outcomes for injured people.
How Evidence and Fault Shape Your Claim
Photos, police reports, and witness names strengthen your position. Research shows clear documentation increases settlement options with insurers. Drivers who run red lights or speed often carry higher liability.
Gather records, then speak with a lawyer about options. An objective review helps you understand rights and risks.
What if the crash happened more than two years ago? You may still have options if deadlines were missed under rare exceptions.
Can partial fault stop my case? Georgia uses comparative fault; your award drops by your share of blame, but you can still recover.
Takeaway: Check the date and collect evidence quickly.









